Archinect
anchor

What do you think of my design and how it was adapted? What would you change?

gilcorreia

Hello there,

I am in the final stages of tuning a façade and im not sure how I feel about how it was adapted and as such would like your opinion.

The model in white being my draft.

Thanks

Dec 6, 20 5:11 pm
natematt

What? 

Looks like the primary design feature is roof scuppers.... 

Dec 6, 20 7:12 pm  · 
1  · 
newbie.Phronesis

What is it exactly? Looks like some developer's brutalist house, to be honest. Change it to brick maybe - will give it some life and texture...

Dec 6, 20 9:01 pm  · 
1  · 
gilcorreia

Hah! I didn't mean for it to appear brutalist, only minimalist. The other sides of the house are "warmer".

But thanks for the feedback.

Dec 6, 20 9:11 pm  · 
1  · 
midlander

impossible to make suggestions on the information given, but the preview images cropped down to 2 little squares are very elegant and stylish. try to make it look more like that - clean crisp and cheery.

Dec 7, 20 12:21 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Is this a trick question?

Dec 7, 20 2:11 am  · 
4  · 
Wood Guy

Who adapted it? As abstract art, I prefer the white version. 

Dec 7, 20 7:55 am  · 
1  · 
gilcorreia

A small team of arquitects getting the aproval from city hall to begin construction. The white version is one of my later versions.

Dec 7, 20 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Context matters.  This would make a fine penitentiary but a pretty bad house.

Dec 7, 20 8:11 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Spend some time reading up on Luis Barragán and do a third revision. 

Dec 7, 20 11:20 am  · 
 · 
gilcorreia

Thank you for the suggestion, his vision is indeed interesting even though what I am trying to achieve is not as abstract and disjointed as his style.

Dec 7, 20 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
gilcorreia

I had no idea my design was this crude and opaque. I will add more photos for context.

The purpose of this stark wall is to protect from the wind and neighbors looking in, with some small decorative windows.

Also, please try to ignore all the floating leftover junk.

Dec 7, 20 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Some context would help. Not sure what your design idea is, it just seems like a one-liner...

Dec 7, 20 7:32 pm  · 
1  · 
gilcorreia

I apologize, I have never presented my designs to others I didn't know they had to be explained.

Basically, I wanted to make something which was minimalist towards the street and neighbors but was open and comfortable to its inhabitants, as you can see by the foldable window panes in the bottom of the garden side, also the open terrace which has a visual connection to the downstairs area.

Dec 7, 20 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

"I have never presented my designs to others I didn't know they had to be explained." First year studio? 

I like the hot tub.

Dec 7, 20 8:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: