Archinect
anchor

Austrian contemporary architects

piero1910

I know people might be exhausted from my posts, and I can understand why. I haven't posted anything in a while. Thus I would like to ask about an specific country, which is Austria because I do not have a great knowledge of their current architecture scene. Thus I'd like to ask for information. I am not familiar with many architecture firms coming from Austria, but I have done a lot of research and I have found some nice names, such as Bernardo Bader or Innauer Matt. However besides those names and I am not able to find more names of what I am specifically looking for. I wonder, whether there are interesting or intriguing architects with a nice architectural approach, ideas or quality in Austria, because it is a country, which is sort of similar to Switzerland, but I don't think that their architects are as famous as the swiss ones are. I just wonder whether there are architects in Austria with the same qualities of the swiss architects. I do not mean that they have to replicate what  the swiss do, but at least it would be nice to get to know Austrian architects with similar approaches who intend to do something alike in their own way. Therefore, it would be splendid if someone can name me some. Thanks. 

Dec 6, 20 7:18 am
apscoradiales

In my opinion, you are looking at it ass-backwards. Instead of searching for star architects, first look at the architecture, buildings, THEN try to determine who did them.

You will find some absolutely stunning architecture in Austria done by very ordinary architects who really aren't all that ordinary since they do beautiful work.

Dec 6, 20 9:07 am  · 
1  · 
piero1910

Thanks for your suggestion. I completely understand what you mean by that, and I have done what you said so far. But,I still feel that I have not gathered enough names yet. Also I have never asked for star-architects. I am just asking for good and nice architects coming from there. All I really want to know is what people could be able to provide or suggest with architect´s names because I might be missing some whom they might know and I do not.

Dec 7, 20 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Luccajp1069

These are probably some good names from Austria; although I know what people think about them or they might have anybody else to add...

Feld72

The next ENTERprise

Dietmar Feichtinger

Bernardo Bader (Bregenz)

Hubmann Vass

ARTEC

propeller z

juri troy

X architekten

Maximilian Eisenköck

Hafale Nuler

a01

Innocad

nonConform

Share Architects

Cukrowicz Nachnour

Hein

Jan 21, 21 5:33 pm  · 
1  · 
Luccajp1069

Sorry I made a mistake!! I meant the following: "These are probably some good names from Austria; although I do not know what other people might think about them or they might have anybody else to add..."*

Jan 21, 21 9:51 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

Only know the first 2 on your list.

Jan 22, 21 2:43 am  · 
 · 
piero1910

Thanks a lot. I will check them out!!! It is good to know some names from a country, which it is not well renowned as others in architecture.

Jan 22, 21 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
luvu

Delugan Meissl Associated Architects

https://www.dmaa.at/

Jan 21, 21 6:33 pm  · 
2  · 
randomised

They designed one of my son’s favourite buildings in town, the Eye Film Institute...

Jan 22, 21 2:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: