Archinect
anchor

Reconstruction probem: column grid placement

calikomita

How to place columns inside existing walls of historical building for 'building inside building' type of reconstruction? I cannot space them evenly because of modular length restrictions (spans of 4500, 6000, 7200 are allowed for 400x400 column section). I woud prefer 6000 span as the most acceptable but this got me about 2 meters left. I also shouldn't mess with cast-in-place filling of the leftover small span, because these columns will shape an exterior and the building should be divided in 3 connected volumes (one part 31 m - this is where roof exists, and the rest of space split in a half. Is it a working idea to put two frameworks on the same foundation? There will be a walkthrough portal in between (see pic), so in terms of design it would be ok, but how about structural eligibility?

Nov 21, 20 5:11 pm
citizen

An as-built plan and section would help us help you.

Nov 21, 20 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

skyhooks 6m O.C. 

Nov 22, 20 12:50 am  · 
 · 
midlander

precast concrete seems like a challenging choice for this. why wouldn't you use steel or wood? are you working with a structural engineer experienced in this kind of project?

Nov 22, 20 1:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: