Archinect
anchor

DCOF Product

Epic86

I'm hoping you guys can help but maybe this isn't the place to ask, in which case feel free to unload some angst and vitriol!

I have a chemical (sold as a service) that I believe would appeal to architects but I may be wrong.  IF it would be a useful tool, I'm unsure the best way to bring knowledge of it to the community at large.  

The chemical treatment (not a coating) will essentially raise the DCOF of any tile or hard mineral surface above the ANSI standard .42  without changing the appearance of the product. In other words, no shine loss, no fading or discoloration.  I could make a polished porcelain safe next to a swimming pool.  

Would it be useful and how would I reach a larger architecture audience?  

Oct 26, 20 7:12 pm
Non Sequitur

42 is a great number. 

But to your point, I’ve know if more than one intense where tiles were installed and people started slipping, and complaining, almost immediately. One of them may, or may not have been my own and the client may or may not had to grind down the polished accent tiles. I blame the int designers for picking the tile. 

Oct 26, 20 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
Epic86

So from the perspective of remediation I could get a foot in the door? I also own a Bot 3000-E tribometer, would offering free DCOF testing of selected tiles be appealing?

Oct 28, 20 11:04 am  · 
 · 
midlander

sponsorship of local and national building / real estate/ design organizations is a good way to get access to an audience at a manageable price 

Oct 27, 20 12:57 am  · 
 · 
Epic86

​This is unfamiliar to me, what do you mean by sponsoring?

Oct 28, 20 11:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: