Archinect
anchor

Dutch contemporary architects

piero1910

I know people might be tired of my questions, and I can understand that. I just ask them because I do not have a great knowledge of the countries, which I ask for information of. I already know some names, but I have done a lot of research and I do not find more names of what I am specifically looking for. I wonder, whether there are other architects with the architectural approach, ideas or quality that Anne Holtrop has in the Netherlands. I do not mean that they have to replicate what he does, but at least they intend to do something alike in their own way. Therefore, it would be splendid if someone can name me some. Thanks. 

Oct 26, 20 10:28 am
randomised

Maybe share what you already have, and what you'll need it for, helps to narrow things down a bit...

Oct 27, 20 5:33 am  · 
 · 
piero1910

Yeah, sure. No problem. I will write down all the names, which I have gathered so far. Some of them might not be the best, but that is why I am asking if you help me with some other good ones.

Oct 27, 20 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
piero1910

Angelo Renna AP+E krft Marc Koehler Architects XML Space&Matter ANA architecten SeARCH RAAAF Anne Holtrop NLE Studio Nuy Van Noort Studio Prototype dok architecten Civic Architects Rapp+Rapp BETA office for architecture and the city Hootsmans Architectuur-Bureau Office Winhov NL Architects rau architects FABRICations Bureau LADA korth tielens architecten Space Encounters Studio Paulien Bremmer Wingender Hovenier Architecten FEM architects Olaf Gipser Architects Julius Taminiau studio L A Foundation for Achieving Seamless Territory Marlies Rohmer DROM OMA MVRDV Eventually Made LAGADO architects Openfabric ZUS - Zones Urbaines Sesibles KAAN Architecten Cohabitation strategies and Urban front Monadnock LOLA Lilith Ronner van Hooijdonk Bedaux De Brouwer Architecten HILBERINK BOSCH architecten Studio Nauta Ector Hoogstad Korteknie Stuhlmacher Atelier Kempe Thill Atelier Van Berlo De Zwarte Hond Happel Cornelisse Verhoeven Superuse Studios Neutelings Riedijk Architecten Mei architects and planners M& DB architecten diederendirrix Geurst & Schulze architecten Pansel.Kuenzel Powerhouse Company Studio Ossidiana

Oct 27, 20 12:24 pm  · 
1  · 
robhaw

Benthem Crouwel, MVSA, Rene van Zuuk, Wiel Arets.

Oct 27, 20 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

tom hanks. 

Oct 27, 20 6:08 am  · 
 · 
midlander

you already have a pretty long list. it would be more useful at this point to write out what ideas and interests you think are important in these architects work. also what is your purpose in collecting this information? and why specifically the Netherlands?

Oct 27, 20 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
piero1910

Well, I have tried to subdivide the list into categories of architectural ideas or purposes. For example, some of those firms' work focuses more on the commercial architecture; some on the reuse of buildings, and other ones on the architectural attributes, such as material fundaments. In my opinion, Anne Holtrop and RAAAF are the most interesting ones out of the list because they do something very out of the common of what Dutch architecture identifies itself. After reading and watching a volume published by A+U, called “SuperNormal Architecture in the Netherlands.” It really drew my attention to research what it is about to come for Dutch architecture because it has completely reformed to what it used to be with firms, such as OMA or MVRDV. Therefore, I wonder what other Dutch architects, without mattering whether they are emerging, new and contemporary, do work like architects as RAAAF and Holtrop, which I had not seen before coming from the Netherlands. I think the architecture there was always about a different purpose than what those architects intend to achieve now. Thus, I wonder what other names could be found by doing similar architectural explorations because I think that it might be much easier to find that kind of architects with those architectural qualities in other countries, such as Switzerland, than it might be in the Netherlands. Therefore, that is my argument and purpose for it. Thanks.

Oct 27, 20 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

It's been awfully quiet around Anne Holtrop, not sure what he's up to these days, he moved to the middle east I think. The rest of your list seems quite complete, with the addition of Shift/MAKS/Ninedots by justavisual, maybe Space&Matter too.

Oct 28, 20 5:05 am  · 
 · 
piero1910

I can really understand your point. Thank you very much for all the help. I did not know that Holtrop was working more in Bahrain than in the Netherlands. I did know that he had several projects over there, although I thought that his main office was still based in the Netherlands, and not in the Middle East. Regarding my list, I know that there are many architecture firms, though I do not find many of them to have very inspiring or intriguing work to admire. Some of them are somewhat banal, not much to expect from them. That is why I was asking for other names that I have possibly skipped out without noticing because I have noticed that some people in this website do know more about Dutch architects and Dutch architecture than I do.

Oct 28, 20 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

It's quite the list, if you manage to have openfabric on there and DROM :) another Rotterdam office might be Instability We Trust or Studio 1:1

Oct 28, 20 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

LOLA and Openfabric are exclusively landscape :) - randomised do you live in Rotterdam? Theres a lot of up and comers not on your list...but yeah...can go on forever.

Oct 28, 20 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I work there. Actually know a lot from your list personally, have worked with or for them and taught or juried them :)

Oct 28, 20 6:15 pm  · 
1  · 
piero1910

Well, that really explains why you know so much about Dutch architecture...

Oct 29, 20 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

Nice randomised, I live in Rotterdam. Also know/worked w some the ones I mentioned. Small world here :)

Oct 30, 20 4:21 am  · 
2  · 
randomised

live in Amsterdam, work in Rotterdam...small world indeed!

Oct 30, 20 7:27 am  · 
1  · 
justavisual

Shift

Studio MAKS

Studio Nine Dots

Oct 28, 20 4:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: