Archinect
anchor

What firms are actually contributing to DEI through tangible action? Let us know

Archinect

Since the murder of George Floyd, we've seen countless statements and press releases from architecture firms, organizations, institutions, proclaiming solidarity with the BIPOC community. 

To follow up with this, we're wanting to hear from groups that have taken significant action to address these issues. Do you run, or work at, an organization that has pushed this movement forward? Please share with us your stories of doing positive work in this space.

You can simply comment here, or email us at connect@archinect.com

Oct 22, 20 3:04 pm
Archinect

Nobody works at, or is familiar with, an architecture firm that is taking actionable steps to follow up with statements issued in solidarity?

Oct 26, 20 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Frankly, it is a little difficult for firms to take significant action towards these issues when everyone is more focused on keeping the lights on during this pandemic. That said, I do know of some schools like PCC that are trying to implement programs aimed at more inclusivity towards the BIPOC community.

Oct 26, 20 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

We've been talking with a few firms that are devoting a lot of energy to improving DEI at their practices, but we're looking for more.

Oct 26, 20 7:50 pm  · 
1  · 
Archinect

To be more specific, we're looking for firms that are doing what they said they are committing to do, back in early June, after the George Flloyd murder which instigated a wide release of statements.

Oct 26, 20 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
spiketwig

my large firm is making a real effort, but I'm not a spokesperson so I can't make statements to media - this may be part of the issue with responses. The people that can make the PR call are not on these boards. 

Oct 27, 20 11:39 am  · 
1  · 
Archinect

Can you ask the people in charge to reach out to us? We're working on a story, to highlight the good work that's happening across the industry

Oct 27, 20 11:47 am  · 
 · 
Archinect

Or just send us an email, or DM, indicating the practice, if you'd rather not share it here publicly

Oct 27, 20 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: