Archinect
anchor

Career Dilemmas

sitaramohan

I'm a 23 year old student from India. I just finished my Bachelor's in Architecture. I'm at this stage where I don't know what to do next! I'm completely lost. 

When I was in my 3rd year, I realized designing was not meant for me. It's definitely not my cup of tea. I don't want to leave this field now! I've invested 5 years of my time and blood, sweat and tears in this! I've been looking up, researching on things I could take up with a degree in Architecture, but I don't feel drawn towards anything! I was thinking about project management but I'm not really sure.

Some of my friends have already started earning! I usually don't let these things bother me but it's always there in the back of my head that I don't even know what I'm going to do, while some of them have already figured out their lives. I know it's important for me to choose something that I won't regret later on and something that will make me happy in the long run!

But I honestly don't know what to take up! I'll be really grateful if you could guide me!

Oct 9, 20 2:55 pm
sameolddoctor

Good news for you is that architecture is very little about designing, and more about making things work. That said, if you do not have enough passion to keep you going, things may get very tough. There are several other avenues you could pursue, though. This website has a great "out of the box" section you should peruse. There are many opportunities for architecture grads in India too, that are parallel to the industry. 

Oct 9, 20 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
apscoradiales

Construction Management?

Sales?

Oct 10, 20 10:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: