Archinect
anchor

First Intern Interview

vitzune

I’m a last year architecture student and I’ve been applying to a bunch of studios for an internship, I got back some answers, some saying they liked my portfolio but they already had people to fill the internship. 

One of the studios asked me to go on an interview tomorrow. It’s my first job-like interview ever since I’ve never had a job related to architecture and I’m really nervous. 

They asked me “During the interview, we would like to explain a little more about a project of which you are proud and why”. 

I am proud of my work but I don’t know how to express it in order to be right for this kind of interview. 

Does anyone have any recommendation? What answers should I think about? 

Oct 1, 20 7:11 pm
vitzune

Help!

Oct 1, 20 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Don't overthink this. They are asking you about the skills, challenges, overcoming challenges, what you excel at, your strengths, weaknesses....blah blah. There's no right answer, be thoughtful, consider the question thoughtfully. Answer confidently.

Oct 1, 20 9:33 pm  · 
1  · 
bowling_ball

There's no "right way" to explain your work. Just walk them through your process, briefly, from start to finish. Tell them what you're interested in and how that influenced your school work.

You're interviewing for an intern job. You'll be fine. Be enthusiastic and interested and you're half way there already. Good luck.

Oct 1, 20 7:46 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: