Archinect
anchor

M.Arch in Greater Boston Area

FutureArch

Hi!

I’m a current senior Civil Engineering major at Syracuse with a minor in Architecture. I am looking to pursue a Master’s in Architecture preferably in the Greater Boston Area. So far I decided to apply to:

UIUC (Really interested in the the joint program with Structural Engineering)

RISD (top choice)

MassArt

Northeastern

MIT (applying because it’s in Boston and has a well known program even though it might be difficult to get into)

Harvard

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about other schools that would be good to apply to in the Boston area. I am really interested in knowing about Wentworth and BAC (Boston Architectural College). Which one would be better? I know BAC is open admissions so I was thinking applying as a safety so I can end up in Boston.

Sep 11, 20 8:29 pm
EcoTect

This ranking might help-

https://www.gradreports.com/be...

Sep 12, 20 12:24 pm  · 
2  · 
nancyfinn

Thank you for thinking of joining The Boston Architectural College. Our mission compels us to strive towards equity in technological resources; provide learning opportunities that go well beyond our classrooms; embrace the differences found in our diverse student population; engage faculty who are the leaders in their professions; and prioritize experiential-based education where students work at firms on the cutting-edge of the design professions. You aren’t just getting an education, you are joining a community and professional network that has been in Boston for over 130 years―with roots extending well beyond our campus! --The Boston Architectural College 

Sep 14, 20 5:58 pm  · 
1  ·  1
FutureArch

anyone else have suggestions? I decided not to apply to UIUC because I want to be in Boston.

Nov 28, 20 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
clevelandcynic

Hey! I just finished undergrad at MIT in 2020. I'd be happy to talk to you about the city, the MIT program, and my general impression of some local schools (although I don't know a ton about other programs in the area, I have vague impressions on some of them). I assume by now you already have a final list of schools (assuming you're applying this cycle).

Dec 28, 20 10:18 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: