Archinect
anchor

Books on Site planning and circulation?

kapawpav

When it comes to designing campuses, etc, efficient site planning and circulation, especially vehicular, are kind of tricky for me. Please do suggest me some books that I can read to improve knowledge on site planning. I would be even more grateful if you pointed out some examples of good site planning for me to take inspiration from. Thank you in advance.

Sep 11, 20 5:32 am
Non Sequitur

um... when's your homework due?

Sep 11, 20 8:36 am  · 
 · 
kapawpav

By monday. thanks for the suggestions tho lol

Sep 11, 20 10:31 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You probably should have started your research earlier then. Don't be lazy and crowd source.

Sep 11, 20 10:38 am  · 
 · 
kapawpav

I did do my fair share of research, I still wanted suggestions on books and material that I probably missed. I'm not being lazy, and I'm merely using a platform that is made for discussions to learn more from. I'm not asking you to do my homework :)

Sep 12, 20 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
robhaw

I would like to suggest this course

It is delivered online by MIT, it is self-paced and free of charge. It introduces the subject quite thoroughly, provided of course that you have sufficient time to engage with it.

Sep 11, 20 12:58 pm  · 
1  · 
kapawpav

Thank you so much.

Sep 12, 20 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Campus: An American Planning Tradition by Paul Turner is an excellent architectural-historic overview, though it won't get you a whole lot on technical aspects, I'm afraid.  I consumed it thoroughly while doing my thesis.

A bunch of years later I was at an SAH conference in Pasadena and happened to meet Paul on a walking tour of... the Cal Tech campus.  What a treat that was.  And what a nice man.

Sep 11, 20 3:31 pm  · 
1  · 
kapawpav

Thank you so much. :)

Sep 12, 20 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: