Archinect
anchor

Research recruitment - Asperger's designers in the UK

Chuck71

Hi,

I'm doing a masters research project, working title "Adjustments for design professionals with Asperger’s Syndrome, working in construction in the UK”.

I'm looking to recruit to the research fellow designers (I'm an Architect and also Aspergers), the study being done through the University College of Estate Management in Reading, England, and subject to the UCEM code of conduct for ethics and of course data protection.

The research choice has come about as I was diagnosed earlier this year, and my office HR asked me what adjustments could be made for me (as would be required by the Equality Act 2010), and reading around the subject I realised not only did I not know, it seems this question has not been asked.

So I'd like to find out, what adjustments would those who are professionals in construction need in their employment?

I'm interested also in the employer side of the question, how employers could accommodate and support employees with Aspergers.

I believe we are a small but significant group, but to date under-represented in the question of diversity, so I would like to find out what practically could be done to make our employment prospects and working lives better.

If interested, please PM me on this site.

Regards,

Charles.

Sep 8, 20 4:57 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: