Archinect
anchor

Exquisite Corpse

SneakyPete

Would anyone be interested in playing exquisite corpse? 

A "sheet" size in pixels and inches would be decided upon and divided into thirds.

The first participant draws the top third of a figure (or whatever). They then would post the bottom edge of the top third they drew so that the lines with which to continue are visible but not the entire top third. This would be a jpeg linked into the thread. The next person would take that jpeg and sketch the middle third (continuing the agreed upon paper size), continuing the lines they can see. They then would post the bottom bit and the third person would finish it out. 

Then the thirds would need to be assembled and posted. Any ideas how to share the images without sharing personal information? 

Any interest?

Aug 26, 20 12:40 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

Yeah, why the fuck not.

Aug 26, 20 7:08 pm  · 
2  · 
SneakyPete

I have an image that's 3300 pixels by 5100 pixels, which is 11x17 @ 300 DPI. Would you prefer to start?

Aug 26, 20 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I’d play, but I’ll be on vacation soon and away from my office printer & scanner so, I’ll likely be a spectator.   I believe Exquisite corpse drawings require a single key word per square. 

Aug 26, 20 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Key word? I'm unfamiliar.

Aug 26, 20 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You draw your half/third of the page but the only thing visible to the other is a sliver of the drawing edge and a single word. I believe that is the origine of the term “exquisite corpse”. Each were the two words with the first version of the excercise.

Aug 26, 20 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Hm. I'm unfamiliar with the word part. I prefer no guidance other than the lines.

Explaining Exquisite Corpse, the Surrealist Drawing Game That Just Won't  Die - Artsy

Aug 26, 20 8:35 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

I’m trying to remember something from undergrad from 15+ years ago. Not necessity in the end. How many beers is minimum before drawing?

Aug 26, 20 8:44 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

As many as you like.

Aug 27, 20 11:21 am  · 
 · 
bensamworth

You can play this online too: monsterland.net

Here's an example from there:

Sep 3, 20 9:02 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

We used to play exquisite corpse in studio. I'll play.

Sep 3, 20 10:16 am  · 
3  · 
SneakyPete

I'm heading out for the weekend, let's plan on starting next week \

Sep 3, 20 7:07 pm  · 
2  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

SP, sorry, I want to do this, but not start; I'm a counter-puncher.

Sep 3, 20 7:57 pm  · 
1  · 
awaiting_deletion

I'm a counter-counter-counter puncher, I like to take your counter and make it sound like you agreed to what you countered by doing a meta-counter (it's what I do, and now to hear my 12 year old daughter do it- holy shit I'm asshole!) let's go!

Sep 3, 20 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

shouldn't it be an architectural object or objects only? (then I'll play)

Sep 3, 20 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Nah, too abstract.

Sep 3, 20 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: