Archinect
anchor

Indeed - Title “Architect”

BulgarBlogger

Search indeed and you’ll find that the term “architect” is actually meant for the technology sector. Anyone complain?

Aug 9, 20 9:09 pm
citizen

.George Costanza - Popcorn - Find and Share Funny Animated Gifs

Aug 9, 20 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I know almost as many software "architects" as I do real architects and none of them would ever be confused as being able to do architecture.   

Aug 9, 20 10:33 pm  · 
1  · 
natematt

Actually a huge pain for entry level job searching, or at least it was 6 years ago when I was looking.... 

Aug 9, 20 10:37 pm  · 
8  · 
Koww

it's a general term. like you can be a plumbing wizard without having a license in wizardry.

Aug 11, 20 4:52 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Or as indeed would put it, a plumbing architect...

2  · 
BulgarBlogger

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....no architecture firms on google...

Aug 11, 20 9:00 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Job hunting again?

· 
BulgarBlogger

Actually Im not necessarily job hunting. I am looking to move out of NYC. I have my own firm, but if I move somewhere, I'd have to probably take on a job somewhere, at least temporarily.

1  · 
randomised

Ah yes, well good luck, no software architect jobs here on “archinect jobs” ;)

· 
Wood Guy

As an unlicensed building designer, it is definitely annoying that a computer geek has more right to use the name "architect" than I do. I don't begrudge architects' earned right to keep interlopers like me from using that name. But if I can't use it, why can others? 

Aug 11, 20 9:31 am  · 
4  · 
joseffischer

they typically have signifiers tho "software architect" for instance or the like... so you should be able to qualify as long as you use a noun-type adjective beforehand

· 
Wood Guy

Nope, not allowed. I can't use any form of the word "architect" or "architecture." (My own fault for not following a conventional path. I do fine as a residential designer who took a circuitous, unconventional route.)

· 
joseffischer

yeah, I've heard... I just think it'd be funny in court. He's called "software architect" and you allow that... "ok Mr. Guy, what name do you propose?" How about "building architect?"

· 
WilliamJordan

What are the modern home improvment ideas?

Aug 12, 20 1:10 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Exposed OSB sheathing, pink kitchen counters, and anti-hobo bench spikes.

· 
chigurh

hats off to the AIA and state boards for protecting the title.  

Aug 12, 20 7:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: