Archinect
anchor

Where to start studying for ARE if you have a foreign educational background?

Hi everyone! I acquired my B.S. in Architecture degree abroad, and I'm interested to know how to start reviewing in advance for the ARE? I'm aware that this exam consists of six tough divisions and will take a considerable amount of time to accomplish. 

Can you please suggest the best books that I should consider? 

Jul 6, 20 5:41 pm
Bench

You need to contact NCARB first to find out if you qualify to take the exams. Most likely you do not, as they require a degree equivalent to a US professional B.Arch/M.Arch.

Jul 6, 20 5:50 pm  · 
1  · 

Thank you! :)

Jul 6, 20 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Even in the US, depending on the state you would not be able to take the exams with a BS.

Best thing to do with the current version of ARE though is to get a job and work for a couple years. Maybe get study guides for the more managerial sections and start with those. But the PPD and PDD without experience would not be a fun time. Personal opinion.

Jul 6, 20 6:24 pm  · 
1  · 

I agree that the PPD and PDD will be a terrible exam experience for people without in field experience. Thanks for your response!

Jul 6, 20 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

SF-AIA has courses you can take to prep for ARE - you can join study groupss there

Jul 6, 20 10:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: