Archinect
anchor

quarantine

arch??-helen

I am a 2nd year arch student hoping to transfer to UofM arch after next year. My school doesn't really offer a wide range of architecture courses so I've run out of classes related to my major to take. I need some shit to do that will keep me in the loop of the design process before my brain goes numb. Any book suggestions? Legit anything to keep me busy I'm running out of tv. What do you guys do to keep your minds fresh, I'm curious?? 

Jun 21, 20 12:45 am
x-jla

Design and build a drawing table/desk.  Just do it grasshopper!  I’m your Mr. Miyagi for the duration of the quarantine.   That’s your first assignment.  Make it something that you will want to spend time at, because you will need it for assignment 2.  

Jun 21, 20 2:20 am  · 
2  · 
arch??-helen

I'm so excited to design a table what is happening to me.

Jun 21, 20 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Seriously, if you need help, I’m here.

Jun 21, 20 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
leriot

When I doubt about my next reading, I check MIT Press / Princeton Press offers. Both publish decent books on architecture, urban studies, economics, ecology and whatnot:)

Jun 21, 20 8:33 am  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I like the space one. Cool!

Jun 22, 20 10:42 am  · 
 · 
arch??-helen

the space designs looked amazing

Jun 22, 20 10:56 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Orban Space by Luc Deleu (T.O.P. Office) - review here: 

http://volumeproject.org/from-...

Jun 21, 20 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

learn quantum physics

Jun 22, 20 12:26 am  · 
2  · 

Read about how to run an architectural office - business and personnel management.  You'll need to know how to do both and school will NOT teach you these things.  

Jun 22, 20 10:44 am  · 
1  · 
arch??-helen

seems like solid advice

Jun 22, 20 10:56 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Understanding the issues your firm owners and managers are dealing with will make you a much better employee when you enter the workforce.

Jun 22, 20 11:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: