Archinect
anchor

Should i pursue a career shift or stick with architecture?

ArchitectCraze

I am a 25 year old lebanese architect. I have been working for 3 years now in an architectural firm as a consultant. I was tackling design projects (as part of a team) and execution documentation. 

Ever since i graduated i felt like i am begging to either find a job or keep my job. Not because i was bad it, i was good but because the situation is so rocky. One day we have projects, the other we have nothing to do for months. I have been working part time for almost 7 months and now we stopped getting paid. 

I've been sending out job applications abroad for almost a year and a half with no response whatsoever. I've been wondering that maybe it's because of my portfolio,or maybe there is too many applicants. 

I am so lost and i feel stuck. I feel really not confident in my abilities or my choice to be an architect. 

I have been studying the below options:

- get a scholarship to study abroad (i can't afford to go study on my own). I have a 3.3 gpa and a good reputation in my uni. I am thinking about either urban planning, or BIM. 

- try to learn programming online and a do a complete career shift into the tech world where i feel like there are more opportunities. 

- try to work on my 3d skills. I have good taste for perspectives and moods but for some reason can't commit to practice it. I didn't need it in my previous job so i kind of ignored it. And therefore uodate my portfolio and hopefully get notices abroad. 

I am sorry if i am all over the place but i feel very lost, stuck and regretful. 

Jun 20, 20 5:10 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: