Archinect
anchor

Opinion on being an Architectural Technologist (UK)

johnthepenny

I'm thinking of studying a degree in Architectural Technology supported by CIAT. I was just wondering opinions from both Architects and Technologist's point of view as what it is like to be an Architectural Technologist (Both good and bad). Honest opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

FYI I am 19 years old.

Jun 19, 20 8:37 am
citizen

Can you elaborate a bit, John?  Are you thinking about (or interested in) one particular aspect or building system to study and then work in professionally?

Jun 19, 20 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
johnthepenny

I am not sure on specifics yet. Just wondering about the job as a whole. Like what an average day is like, prospects and just an opinion as whether people in this industry would recommend it.

Jun 21, 20 11:21 am  · 
1  · 
citizen

Ah, that's fair at your age and stage.  No clue here on that allied field, in terms of the day-to-day, I'm afraid.  The likelihood is that you'd be working for either a large A/E (architecture/engineering) firm, or for a smaller specialty firm that consults to architects.  I hope some folks who know more will check in here.

Best of luck.

Jun 21, 20 3:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: