Archinect
anchor

Certificate Options

ryans_here

Pursuing a M.Arch degree and I have some options to obtain a business certificate while studying. I was wondering what would help the most in getting a job after school.

- Management

- Marketing

- Project Management

- Entrepreneurial Studies

Or...am I just wasting my time...

Thanks!

Jun 7, 20 8:03 pm
senjohnblutarsky

Well, which of those things do you want to do? 

I don't really have any desire to start up a business, but I do the other three, actively.  So, one of those three might have helped me. 

Jun 8, 20 9:22 am  · 
1  · 
Flatfish

Is your intent to get a job in an architecture firm?  If so, the only one of those certificates that will likely interest some firms is the Project Management one - and then only if your goal is project management. Make sure that it's the PMI PMP certification - that's the only one with any widespread recognition in architecture and the construction industry.

Studying marketing is a good thing to do - but you don't need a certificate in it, and having one is likely to signal that that's your main interest, which may relegate you to working on marketing materials, proposals, and awards entries in firms.  

A certificate in "entrepreneurial studies" is so useless-sounding that I might judge an applicant negatively for having that on their resume. 

Jun 8, 20 10:30 am  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: