Archinect
anchor

How do setbacks work? Is pool fence considered a permanent structure? Please advise.

seekingguidance

Hi all, 

Hope all is well with everyone.

Is a pool fence considered a permanent structure and could I get away with it encroaching the setbacks? I have a 20' setback and would like to extend the space around the pool for lounge another 3' or so. Right now, I'm about half a foot from the set back. It would be nice to get the 3' in there for circulation and lounge. Please advise. 

Jun 5, 20 9:13 am
BabbleBeautiful

Call the city and they will tell you everything you need to know.

Jun 5, 20 9:16 am  · 
 · 
seekingguidance

Thank you Babble

Jun 5, 20 9:25 am  · 
 · 

Depends on your Authority Having Jurisdiction.  Give your cities building and or zoning department a call and they can tell you.

I know in a lot of cases a fence is allow to be on the property line but your AHJ will make that final determination.  

Jun 5, 20 9:19 am  · 
1  · 
seekingguidance

Thank you Chad

Jun 5, 20 9:25 am  · 
 · 

You bet. Keep in mind that a lot of areas require the 'nice' or finished side of the fence to face out from your property if it is built on the the property line. Your AHJ will be able to help you out with that as well.

Jun 5, 20 9:28 am  · 
 · 
seekingguidance

Thank you RickB-Astoria

Jun 8, 20 7:52 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

LOCAL zoning has all this info.  how long did you spend reading zoning laws before giving up as asking vague questions to anonymous wankers online?

Jun 5, 20 9:31 am  · 
1  · 

I like how our responses are basically the same except yours has the word 'wankers' in it. 8-).

Jun 5, 20 9:42 am  · 
1  · 
seekingguidance

Thank you all ya wankers! ;) 

Jun 5, 20 8:04 pm  · 
1  · 

We do what we can.

Jun 8, 20 10:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: