Archinect
anchor

Is it possible to work in US if I graduate from other country?

damnismyname

Hello, 

I am an architecture student from South East Asia country. I'm planning to move to US after I graduate, I look it up online that the first step to be an architect is needed to graduated from NAAB accredited school. However, is it possible to still working in architecture firm without graduated from NAAB accredited school besides being a draftman? Something in like project management or programming&analysis?

May 9, 20 11:40 am
drums please, Fab?

Yes!

May 9, 20 11:42 am  · 
 · 
Gloominati

It's possible, but there are only a small minority of firms in which tasks like programming/analysis are routinely done by separate people than drafting.  Project management is usually a role for those with several years of experience, including extensive experience on drafting/production of construction documents (the position of project manager typically requires anywhere from a few years to 15+ years of experience depending on the firm, and most firms require their project managers to be licensed).  For someone entry-level, you'd most likely be considered for general all-around design and production assistant roles - meaning you would probably be involved in programming, analysis, and schematic design, but also expected to work on all aspects of document production (drafting/BIM), completing renderings and other presentation materials, etc.

May 9, 20 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: