Archinect
anchor

What do you need to be an architect?

juanamezarodriguez

hello, I'm Juana and I have my bachelor's degree in systems engineering however before I started studying systems engineering I was in an architecture workshop in order to apply to an architecture school and this experience liked me so much! . I made sketches, I learned about architects and other things. Unfortunately my family didn't have enough many to pay the admission exam and I had to choose other career in other university (public as well) and there wasn't architecture there (I don't want to continuous with this history because it's like a cycle , what could I do or what couldn't do  ....i was just seventeen years old and the decisions that I made were that I considered right in that moment). The point is that during my studies of engineering I never forgot architecture and I always read journeys about architecture , I went to lecturers about architecture , I watched documentaries and made sketches. Even I went to a lecturer where I could see a prize pritzker Alejandro Aravena ( I was so excited). 

I would like to make architecture and for that reason I want to enroll in a March . Could you tell me in what universities can accept somebody with a bachelor's degree in systems engineering?.In my country there's no that option. 

May 5, 20 8:44 pm

What you need is a husband or wife with deep pockets.

May 5, 20 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
CodesareFUN

Or money from Mommy and Daddy because this profession fucks over everyone that doesn’t come from a wealthy background.

May 6, 20 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

A pencil and a semi-retired architect as a mentor.

May 6, 20 10:41 am  · 
2  · 
archanonymous

If you are enrolling in an M.Arch program in the USA or Canada and your undergrad is from a respected and accredited institution in your home country, you should be eligible for almost any 3-year graduate program. 

May 6, 20 10:41 am  · 
1  · 
leonizer

Lul another post about wanting to become an architect without a design background. 

May 6, 20 11:52 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: