Archinect
anchor

Reoccupying Office Building after Covid-19

Garbo62

I’m working with several clients on their strategy to reoccupy buildings after Covid-19 and have 2 queries on layout of occupiable workstations. We are decommissioning every second work position to give 2m between positions, and in some case all positions on one side of a bank of desks

But my questions are is it OK to have less then 2m where you have to walk behind (No face to face contact) a occupied position to get out from the bank of desks, unless banks are 2.6m apart and chairs removed it is impossible to maintain a 2m distance?

Also are the position adjoining a corridor consider useable as it is possible for someone waling down the corridor to come with 2m of a work position?

And any other practical comments.

Apr 25, 20 1:18 pm
Non Sequitur

use those thousands of filling cabinets as fortifications between those poor cubicle drone workers. 

Apr 25, 20 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

have you seen these? doesn't look too hard to install on a regular chair, airlines should have implemented this a long time ago, now they're "considering".

(I was going to post a pic of the cone of silence from get smart, but that was connected directly to the mouths)

Are these the future of plane seats post-coronavirus? New designs ...

Apr 25, 20 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

Are there any guidelines available yet from the location(s) of these office buildings?  In the US some states have published their planned phases - though usually without any dates attached to them yet.  In the early phases of letting office workers back to work, some of those guidelines assume that people will work in shifts, or that only a few people will return in that phase, so they require as much as 300 square feet per person.  In later phases they go to radiuses instead of square feet requirements - the ones I've seen say 10 square feet between individuals' work areas in all directions, unless there are partitions no less than 60 inches high between them, and circulation is supposed to allow staying 6 feet from any other person at all times.

Apr 25, 20 6:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: