Archinect
anchor

architecture of the dishwasher

RValu100

Maybe spending too much time indoors... every time I load the dishwasher it is like a design challenge. Different spatial possibilities and what all. Does anyone else obsess about this? 

Apr 22, 20 8:40 am
randomised

Don't have a dishwasher but stacking the drying rack with dishes as neatly and full as possible is one of my favourite ways to end a good meal.

Apr 22, 20 9:31 am  · 
 · 
CodesareFUN

We’re gonna see lots of former architects designing home goods and appliances for instagram influencers after this.

Apr 22, 20 9:35 am  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

And they will all look fabulous yet perform horribly.

Apr 22, 20 10:03 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip

Its like tetris but with dishes

Apr 22, 20 10:28 am  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

Only if it plays the little song when you have the dishwasher open. 8-)

Apr 22, 20 10:49 am  · 
 · 
mightyaa

lol.. For me, it is like client negotiations. My wife has certain obviously flawed loading ideas. So I present my superior design options and present the final concept for her review. I validate that I am the licensed professional and years of experience, etc. and so on. And she rearranges it anyway, spouting off about my fragile ego and putting on a air of superiority... then cuts me off from funding and makes fun of me crying. So yah... pretty much like every design contract and client relationship.

Apr 22, 20 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

I get this way with my library

Apr 22, 20 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
revolutionary poet

its what Architects do! 

In college, one of my nights jobs was at FedEx Ground.  Before I moved on to a summer internship was loading up to 600 boxes an hour.  It was all about scale and geometry.

Apr 22, 20 5:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: