Archinect
anchor

What makes architecture fulfilling?

isarakesaranond

Hello, I'm currently in thrid year of architecture school. I feel an intense amount of burnout (maybe even clinically depressed) and I'm not able to finish some assignments on time anymore. I used to be very interested and wanting to learn more about this field but with an exception of not really liking the work. What are some of the aspects of being an architect that makes you want to keep doing it even when it feels like just another project after projects.

Mar 22, 20 12:27 pm
Non Sequitur

first, seek real professional help  don’t rely on random internet wankers. 

Second, it’s just school. It’s not difficult, just set yourself up with reasonable goals. 

Third, school is nothing like the real world. Every project has challenges, it is up to you to a solution that keeps you entranced with the project. You do not have the luxury to “not complete” projects while working in the real world.

Fourth, seek professional help. 

Mar 22, 20 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
isarakesaranond

Yes, I have an appointment with my uni's psychologist tomorrow. Please share some stories as to why you are greatful working as an architects and how to overcome burnouts.

Mar 22, 20 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
revolutionary poet

when you walk through a space in which  you expressed yourself on the paper, to feel it, worth it every time.  I've done 2 projects like that in my career, out of 500 +

Mar 22, 20 4:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: