Archinect
anchor

Architecture and real estate

brookskindt

Hello to you all, I have a question. So, I am 20 years old and I recently made the bold decision to ditch my degree for dental ( that I was only a semester away from obtaining to go into my year and half) and go into Architecture. I enjoy the field, now AutoCAD and Revit are ...well let's just say we are going to counseling to fix our relationship. Anyways, I have also been interested in real estate. I want to get a B.S in arch and a minor in real estate what job can I do that will utilize both? Or am I wasting time?  I plan to later go for my M.arch but for now I am curious on what type of work I can do that will utilize both. I am also a first-gen so trying to look for advice has been hell. I also have one more question! I am currently in a school that only offers a B.S in construction management and Buliding design ....is that even worth it? Sorry my thread is really long and disorganized. 

Feb 23, 20 6:17 pm
Non Sequitur

Brook... pay no attention to Jawknee above.  He's a disillusioned fool who's never had a single cohesive thought.  

As for your question... you have a lot of ground to cover.  First, you need to understand the academic requirements and what accreditation means.  If your current school does not offer a B.Arch or an accredited M.arch, then yes, it's a waste of your time. Besides that, architecture school is much more than just debating CAD vs BIM...  It's about thinking/solving problems through design + building science.  It's not easy and you most definitively need to inform yourself on the realities of the profession before dreaming up joint real-estate and architecture futures.

You probably should have finished your other degree tho.  At least you'd have something to show for that time.  Like Jawknee above, perhaps you need real counselling instead of asking random internet wankers.

Feb 23, 20 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Must be because of another McKayla Maroney rejection. Of wait, she must have blocked you by now anyways.

Feb 23, 20 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I have plenty of buildings built. what have you done with your life?

Feb 23, 20 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
PeterNashRw8

Hey,man! How do I understand you, because many people are afraid to change their lives for the better and do something that inspires.
For example, I had the same situation and I understand you perfectly.For a long time I couldn't decide on this step but then I realized that I can't do something that I don't like.I started studying to be an architect and eventually I got the opportunity to design and buy buildings and structures.I realized that it could be very profitable and started investing in it but I didn't have enough funds and then I started looking for private money mortgages and came across this site and found a huge number of investors ready to make a contribution to my business. Now I thank fate for the changes that have taken place in my life.

Sep 26, 20 1:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: