Archinect
anchor

Architecture projects to see in and around Chicago

jasonmou

Hey guys. I’m European and I’m going to Chicago for a week this summer. Do you have any recommendations of architectural projects I need to see while I’m there. There is of course the obligatory Frank L wright houses, and I might be renting a car a drive down to Kansas  City and see Steven Holls Nelson Atkins Museum of Art. 

Your answer is appreciated.

Feb 15, 20 2:21 pm
drums please, Fab?

If you're driving to K.C. check out the Farnsworth House in (plain old) Plano.  It's sort of on the way just a bit West of Chicago.  You need a reservation to see it, though, so don't just stop by and expect to get in.

Chicago's a great city!  This is a bit touristy but I enjoyed the river boat architectural tour, you get some nice history and see a lot of stuff from the calm of the river.

Feb 15, 20 3:17 pm  · 
1  · 
archanonymous

Monadnock, Reliance, Carson Pririe Scott, Macy's, Dearborn Station, MTCC, Aqua, Eleanor Boathouse, Crown Hall, Millennium Park, Sears, Hancock, Fischer Building Apartments, Poetry Foundation, Chinatown Library, there's just so many....

Feb 17, 20 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: