Archinect
anchor

Experience Setting O

Wilson, Duke of RFIs

Does anyone here have any experience with logging "O" hours through NCARB AXP? Changed career path and now work on more of the project management side for a design-build developer. I have 2/3 of my required hours from working for architecture firms, but will need to log more to satisfy hour requirements. Just wanted to gauge anyone's experience with this path, not asking for direct advice...just a conversation.

Feb 11, 20 3:25 pm
Bench

Call them. Every situation is different.

Feb 11, 20 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Wilson, Duke of RFIs

I have called, and understand the process. As I said, I'm not asking for help. Just wanted anyone in a similar situation to chime in with their experience.

Feb 11, 20 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

I have logged 'O setting' hours while working for a PE before. It was exactly the same process as normal 'A setting' hours. Not much to say about it i guess? I logged all of my CE hours this way, and some other random things that were relevant to architecture. 

Feb 11, 20 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

I've recently seen some young people in my community claiming and getting AXP hours under some pretty dubious circumstances.  NCARB doesn't seem to be asking a lot of questions these days.  

I think the OP should be fine as long as they understand the limited numbers of hours available in setting O and they make sure that their supervisor meets the requirements for an AXP supervisor in that setting.

Feb 11, 20 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: