Archinect
anchor

Help needed in Annexe layout and floor plans

sakerugozatchaki

Hello guys Im new at architecture and am working on a project where I am building in an existing garden a 1000 sq ft annexe for a newly married couple. I need to figure out the best way of utilising space properly without wasting any. 

I attach the basic layout of the dimensions I am working with. The ground floor requires a living room, kitchen, dining, study , powder room and pantry . The first floor requires a master bedroom with bathroom, closets, 2 small bedrooms with attached bathroom for both and other utilisation of space. Privacy is a key factor cause the husband has many male friends over and doesn't want his wife to be disturbed while navigating the space. The city is a hot city in summer months requiring air conditioning but for 2-3 months in winter gets nice and cool. 

Feb 10, 20 4:01 pm
Non Sequitur

Is this a school project or are you actually getting paid to design this space?  If it's the former, then that's you job as a student to put forth multiple versions of spaces until you decide on an intelligent combination that suits the project brief.  Then have fun with design elements.

If it's the later, then why are you accepting commissions when you rely on crowd-sourcing for your answers?  

Feb 10, 20 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
sakerugozatchaki

Im the husband and im DIYing it :D

Feb 10, 20 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
sakerugozatchaki

Unfortunately in my experience the people I spoke with led me to believe going about the whole process from A-Z my self is the best way possible to get it done.

Feb 10, 20 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
sakerugozatchaki

Ofcourse with knowledge available out there

Feb 10, 20 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Who ever told you that is fucking idiot. The best way to get it done is to hire professionals who know what they are doing.

Feb 10, 20 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

Hire an architect. What you're asking us to do for free requires years of experience and education. You wouldn't ask a mechanic to work on your car for free would you?

· 
tduds

This has to be a joke...

Feb 10, 20 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

I'm treating it as such.

Feb 10, 20 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
sakerugozatchaki

Honestly that's what I started off as doing but the ones available to me in my city of Karachi were unable to propose something suitable and would sell the project in sq feet completed looking to make a big chunk of the job and that would really hike the cost . Work for free no , but definitely not overpay on services and sorts. I wonder if there's any such possibility on this website.

Feb 10, 20 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

That's the cost of hiring experts.

Feb 10, 20 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

If you think any of us on this site will be cheaper than your local Karachi architects, you don't know much about world economics. (Some) South Asian architects do cheap work over the internet for (stupid) North American and European clients, not the other way around.

Feb 10, 20 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Looks good! I wouldn't change a thing!

Feb 10, 20 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^ My actual letterhead text.

Feb 10, 20 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
sakerugozatchaki

https://floorplanner.com/proje...

Feb 10, 20 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

So, just for kicks... say I worked for... I don't know, a mechanical engineering firm that specializes in tobacco manufacturing products in, let's pick a place totally at random... Karachi. Would it be acceptable for me to ask random strangers online for free advice on performing open-heart surgery on my dog?

Feb 10, 20 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

Sure, it would be acceptable to ask, but I'd question the relative safety of free advice. I mean, my hourly rate for architectural work is $175, because I'm qualified and in demand to do that work. I hardly ever get asked about canine cardiology, so I might do that free for the opportunity for a change of pace, and to, you know, build my portfolio.

Feb 10, 20 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Quality response. Will take it under consideration.

Feb 10, 20 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
sakerugozatchaki

there's the floor planner link if anyones interested in drawing a wall or two to divide the space.

· 
OddArchitect

Here you go. 

Feb 10, 20 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I moved the couch to the outside because that's where the husband will get kicked to once the wife finds out he's DIY by asking random internet wankers.

Feb 10, 20 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Speak for yourself!

Regards,

Specific internet wanker

Feb 10, 20 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

If you're "DIYing" it then figure it out.  If you need an architect then hire one.

Feb 10, 20 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

Might I suggest the OP go fornicate himself with a sharpened stick? 

Feb 10, 20 6:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: