Archinect
anchor

Mixed-use buildings & projects

darkryst

Do you think mixed-use buildings are the future ? why mixed-use buildings are a good urban solution? Mixed use buildings may be a solution for sustainability ? Share your thoughts. Argument your point. Let's all learn from each other.

Jan 3, 20 12:25 pm
Non Sequitur

When is your homework due?

Jan 3, 20 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
darkryst

I want to learn more about mixed use developpement, the best way i found is to talk with people about these kind of stuff i had some debates with my friends. professionals have wider palette in judging ideas.

We talked about the fact that mixed use buildings may solve some problems where the price of land is high. it may reduce traffic & pollution by making things available nearby. creating more pedestrian areas... etc

We also though of some bad sides. the high density of people may create different problems one of them, Noise. 

I don't any homework. i just wanted to expand my knowledge, see people's point of view.

Jan 3, 20 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Yes.

Jan 3, 20 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
threeohdoor

Methinks you need to define your terms. That's Step 1 in the process. Step 2 would be formulating a hypothesis. Step 3 would be offering some evidence/theory for Step 2. Step 4 would be opening up to the broader context. Somewhere around Step 74 is when you'd ask for comment from Archinect people.

What is "mixed use"? What is an "urban solution" a solution for? What would it be "good"? What is "sustainability"? Economic? Environmental? Social? Why is mixed use the future if its already been the past?

Jan 3, 20 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
newbie.Phronesis

^this

Jan 3, 20 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
darkryst

Thanks threeohdoor for your reply. everyone starts from a point & its not evident to improve yourself without help. a building was never built by one person.

Jan 4, 20 7:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: