Archinect
anchor

Need some professional counsel re Floor Plans, Pls see Image

manubrolu

what do the A and P below stand for?? 

Dec 22, 19 2:18 pm
BulgarBlogger

Going off on a lim here... guessing you are in some english-speaking country that uses the metric system... A is for area and P is for persons (quantity of people)...

Dec 22, 19 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

A is likely area.  Don't know about P.  It can't be perimeter; the numbers are too small.  

I don't think it's persons, because the numbers are too big (for occupancy), in that case.  Just guesses here.

Dec 22, 19 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

Its a point system for Alien vs Predator battles

Dec 22, 19 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

P is perimeter, in meters.  That's why, for example, Office 0013 has a larger A but smaller P than Office 0012 - the latter has 5 walls while the former has only 4.  It's also why squarer proportioned rooms have smaller P's than more rectangular proportioned rooms of roughly the same areas.The numbers are all plausible perimeters for the proportions and areas of the rooms shown.

The reason these drawings have perimeters on them is because they were done for building valuation purposes, and the perimeters are used in determining some of the valuation metrics.

Dec 22, 19 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

Rick I'm not guessing. These are valuation plans. There's a measurement code for them, in which some of the valuation parameters depend on the perimeters.

Dec 22, 19 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

I'm not sure what your question is exactly. Do you mean how do I know they're valuation drawings? They've got the GIA and GEA on them. Those are RICS-regulated - mostly used for building valuation, taxation, etc. In this particular instance we know exactly what these are, because from the OP's post we can follow the original link to the sale flyer.

Dec 23, 19 12:58 am  · 
 · 
threeohdoor

P is perimeter - do the math.

Dec 23, 19 9:28 am  · 
 · 
threeohdoor

There are many ways to skin a meow-meow. Also, we're not verifying the numbers, just using logic to figure out what 'P' is. 

I'd love to hear your logic on finding the threshold between a 'heap' and a 'pile', give or take 0.3.

Dec 23, 19 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

A pile is something you can pick up with two hands. You can't do that with a heap.

Dec 23, 19 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

What about half a heap?

Dec 23, 19 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

P is fot perimeter. You can't have 13.5 persons for example. Didn't think about that. although why would you want to know that unless you're also including ceiling height for air volume? 

Dec 23, 19 9:56 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Omg... why would anyone design a door so the lever isn't against  a wall??? So bad... Look at the first floor plan.

Dec 23, 19 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
threeohdoor

use commie units, get commie designs... :P

Dec 23, 19 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

I love the text overlapping the walls... wow.

Dec 23, 19 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

This is an existing townhouse, built in 1852, renovated repeatedly, for many different uses. The drawing is a surveyor/assessor's valuation drawing - not an architectural design or construction drawing. Think of it as similar to a tax assessor's parcel diagram in the US. 

"P" = perimeter.  This is fairly standard for this type of diagram, because, as I've already explained twice, the perimeters are used in the valuation formulae.  But if for some reason you don't want to believe that, you can easily verify it mathematically.  You do not need the dimensions of the rooms - you can determine the approximate perimeter of any room because you know its area and can eyeball the room proportions.  

If you want to keep arguing that P = people, then answer why the occupant load of a 33 square foot storage closet would be 7.8 people? Same thing with the single-user bathrooms. And why would a larger office have a smaller occupant load than the smaller office right next to it?  

Dec 23, 19 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

There has been no private messaging. The information is easily locatable on the website that you've already been to, and you don't need anything other than what the OP posted.  If you can't find it it's because you don't understand what you're looking at.

And you don't need to do any measuring with a ruler.  You have the areas, and you know the basic proportions of the rooms, so you can easily verify that P=perimeter with the simplest algebraic equation (you should be able to do this in your head - it's 7th grade math!)

Dec 24, 19 12:39 am  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

Balkins this whole thread reminds me of back on the ARE Forum when you would threaten to call the FBI every five minutes, because anytime somebody knows something you don't it must mean they have illegal access to information.  What's the Scottish equivalent to the FBI? Have you contacted them?

Dec 24, 19 11:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: