Archinect
anchor

Architecture or Graphic Design?

qalp

Hello, sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm currently in 1st year studying to be an architectural technologist. I've done well in most courses, but poorly in math and physics. Therefore, if going the technologist route doesn't work, could studying graphic design or concept art, lead to a vocation of some sort involving architecture field?

Thank you.

Dec 22, 19 1:23 pm
jcadg

Not sure about concept art, but studying 3D modeling and rendering could definitely lead to a role in architecture, especially if you can be proficient enough to produce images where no one can tell if they are real or modeled. Note that this is extremely difficult to master and I can usually spot a fake image pretty quickly. It all comes down to the details.

Take a look at Cinema 4D and/or 3D Studio Max and learn about modeling meshes from scratch. Once you've mastered that (and it takes a while), move on to the study of light and materials. Past that, learning 3D sculpting techniques with ZBrush will give you a leg up on the competition.

Jan 6, 20 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: