Archinect
anchor

FLW Home for sale

Volunteer

This home is was built for stone and architectural materials distributor Henry J. Neils in Minneapolis in 1949 and has 2,500 feet of floor space. I don't recall ever seeing a photo of this Wright house. On the market for $3.4 million. (2801 Burnham Boulevard, Minneapolis)

https://franklloydwright.org/f...

Dec 17, 19 8:50 am

1 Featured Comment

All 8 Comments

citizen

Beautiful!

Dec 17, 19 9:27 am  · 
 · 
On the fence

That is beautiful but where is the picture showing the roof leak?

Dec 17, 19 9:49 am  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

Dose the structure have a known roof leak or are you being cute?

Dec 17, 19 9:51 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I believe it is not an authentic FLW house unless it has at least one roof leak.

Dec 17, 19 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

It also needs at least one structurally unsound cantilever.

Dec 17, 19 7:04 pm  · 
 · 

1949!

Stunning.

Dec 17, 19 10:18 am  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

And really f'ing cold in the winter! I've visited a few times, brrrrr!

Dec 17, 19 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

Get a sweater.

Dec 17, 19 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

- 40 F requires more than a sweater.

Dec 17, 19 4:42 pm  · 
 · 

Wuss.

Dec 17, 19 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

Says the guy used to wimpy NY winters . . .

Dec 18, 19 11:29 am  · 
 · 
TIQM

Check out the photos in the link.  It's beautifully restored.  It looks brand new.

Dec 17, 19 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

It is lovely.

Dec 17, 19 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

nice grill

Dec 19, 19 5:41 am  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
Archie-Bunker

I've visited this on a consultant trip a while back, apparently it was a one-off FLW did near the end of his career. Needless to say it was amazing to see a more intimate side of his work and the interesting proportion used; the carport's fascia seemed like it couldn't have been more than 6 and a half feet high, for scale...

Dec 21, 19 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
SmasLeeviy

It looks fascinating. I think it has been rebuilt lately because it s hard to believe someone constructed it in 1949; the houses were slightly different then.

Nov 21, 22 10:30 am  · 
 · 
whistler

Good from far but, far from good.....many great works are disastrous up close and in detail..... scary to see actually.

I just got back from Taliesan West and my god some of the details were technically pretty rough, Design inspiration was top notch but technical execution was a more than a bit rough.  All I can say is thank god it doesn't rain much there!

Nov 22, 22 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: