Archinect
anchor

Photoshop to InDesign conversion problem

Dokuser

I am in the process of editing my portfolio, and whenever I open my Photoshop images into InDesign, the image quality completely changes. It is to the point where my black images are printing with a reddish tint to them. I figured I would create my new portfolio in InDesign for the sake of it being easier to visualize the composition, however, now I regret it. Has anyone else had this problem, or am I just being too picky?

Dec 16, 19 3:53 pm
tduds

Check the color settings. Most likely you're pulling an RGB image into a CMYK document and it's not translating 1 to 1.

Light color and ink color are not the same. 

Dec 16, 19 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
Dokuser

Wow, thank you. I didn't think to check the color settings.

Dec 16, 19 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

Also - the "black" color in InDesign is trash for printing. There's a process you need to go through to make sure that it prints properly in the blackest-black (if printing is your end goal). Try this https://www.indesignskills.com/skills/how-to-print-black-black/

Dec 16, 19 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
Dokuser

Thank you

Dec 17, 19 11:24 am  · 
 · 
Menona

There's also a setting somewhere up in one of the pulldowns (view> display performance> low, reg, high quality) that registers the quality of how the import is seen in the working document.  It has to do with large files and processing speed.  Set it to High Quality.  It may slow down your workflow a bit, but the visual screen quality will be better.  None of these will effect the final output.  It's just about processing working files.

Dec 16, 19 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
Dokuser

Thank you

Dec 16, 19 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
apkouv

Get Bluebeam printer to export PDFs from InDesign. In my experience, it is very acurrate in colour conversion and vector quality. 

Dec 17, 19 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
Menona

And - just realized, this could also be caused by a broken link to the image file too.  If you've changed filenames or folder names since beginning your indd document.  Find the "Links" menu and re-link.  Or embed all the image files directly into the document..

Dec 19, 19 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: