Archinect
anchor

Help Find Concrete House No Walls believed to be 1950s in Europe

Timinbondi

I came across a house in a magazine once which had no internal walls. It was somewhere in Europe but am not sure which country. It was in a forest and had a couple of walls over the kitchen which dropped from the ceiling but didn't connect to the floor. It had a concrete screen around the shower area which came up from the floor but didn't connect to the ceiling. It also had a rather interesting concrete bench in the kitchen area which included the hotplate and then dropped slighly to make a dining table/bench. Just wondering if anyone can help me identify this house. Pretty sure it wasn't built in recent times. I found it on the internet once but haven't been able to find it again.

Nov 28, 19 12:56 pm
Flatfish

It's Juliaan Lampens' Vandenhaute-Kiebooms House, Belgium, 1967

Rick if he had a picture or a location he wouldn't have needed help from a person.

Nov 28, 19 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

Hejduk?

Dec 1, 19 7:48 am  · 
 · 
julesd

Indeed one of the nicest brutalist family homes in Belgium! Some pics and sources can be found in this article. Another house you might be interested in is the Van Wassenhove House also by Lampens.

Feb 16, 22 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: