Archinect
anchor

Hey Friends! Quick Request

dilip.adit

Hey Everyone,

I am a student at Uni of Cambridge. I'd really appreciate knowing this from you architecture professionals:

1. How much repetitive and tedious design processes would you say you are involved in after an initial design for a client building a house?

2. What tools would you say you are useful when you rebuild CAD sketches based on client changing specifications?

Thanks

Dilip

Nov 23, 19 3:39 pm
BulgarBlogger

I give my clients a certain period (usually in weeks) of unlimited "design" time. Anything beyond that is hourly. 

As far as your second question: I am IN LOVE with ArchiCAD's BimX tool. You basically export your model as a BimX and your client can just walk throught it as if they were playing a video game; no pre-planning of paths like in Revit. This "experiential" approach is not necessarily photorealistic, though I include all the actual materials at the scale they actually would be at, but it is for the client to understand the scale and feel of the space and the various details they are "buying". 

Nov 23, 19 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: