Archinect
anchor

Which one has better international recognition? Tsinghua University or Politecnico di Milano

christophersun

I am applying for both universities for their master programme, just wondering which one would have a better international recognition. Thanks guys!

Nov 1, 19 6:11 pm
midlander

this obviously depends where you want to work and what kind of office or academia. tsinghua is highly regarded in china, pdm presumably in europe. in america neither would really be as well regarded as the top us or uk universities just because they are unfamiliar, at least for practice. in academia i couldn't say, except again tsinghua will always be the best option in china.

the connections you make in school matter as much or more than pure academics, so you really need to consider which university is likely to have potential leads for the kind of career you want.

Nov 1, 19 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
christophersun

Hi midlander

My current plan is to work in China after graduation, however, I am an Australian citizen and I would like to return to Australia eventually. But I suppose by that time my university experience wouldn't matter as much.

Nov 2, 19 11:58 am  · 
 · 
midlander

In both cases then Tsinghua is more likely to lead to connections you can use in the future. Unless there are specific professors at Milan you really want to study with, you'll be making things easier for yourself by connecting to students and professors at Tsinghua. There is some value within China in having an education from an overseas university, but Milan isn't likely to be as recognized as the major US/UK universities. You would get just as much credibility in China from going to an Australian university, and it would help you more when you later return to Aus.

Nov 3, 19 1:23 am  · 
 · 
midlander

adding on, your specific work in university won't be much matter when you later return to Australia, but knowing classmates and old professors who can recommend you for jobs really can help a lot.

Nov 3, 19 1:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: