Archinect
anchor

Question for Grad school student

mamuturkey

Hi Architects,

For a class I need to ask experienced Architects their opinion on this:

"If most work is done digitally nowadays, why do we need to be able to print hard copies?"

Would really appreciate your insight! 

Oct 21, 19 1:32 pm
Chad Miller

From a legal standpoint the 'hard copies' of the CD's are part of a signed contract.  As such the architect is required to keep a copy on hand.

From a construction standpoint you need hard copies to build from.  At least until a flexible tablet is invented that will survive a construction site.

From a practice standpoint people simply like to have drawings in front of them, well at least I do.  Clients seem to respond better to a physical object they can interact with.  Also trace paper.  Lots of trace paper.  

Oct 21, 19 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Your question is dumb, hopefully this is for high-school class and not college/university. 

I review everything on physical paper copies.  I don't care about whatever green-washing fad everyone else is on... It'll take me half the time and I get to use my large table instead of the dual screens.  

Now stop being lazy and call people and ask them real questions.  That's doing research... not posting a question to an online forum and waiting.  So, with that said, I propose a better research questions: 

"In a progressively more digital world, do we still need to make reasonable intelligent efforts while researching for school assignments or can we just pool from anonymous wankers online?" 

Oct 21, 19 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
threeohdoor

Digitization just means increasing the canvas size on which to paint stupidity. 

Oct 21, 19 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

+1

Oct 28, 19 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
GridBubbles

Why do we have hands? It is for tactile experience to hold and manipulate the object world you live in. /s

Oct 29, 19 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: