Archinect
anchor

Is the RIBA Part-II qualify as an architect in the rest of Europe or USA?

Jpaul

I am en-route to obtaining my RIBA Part-II in the UK.

Is the RIBA Part-II equivalent to a Diploma in Architecture in EU countries? Do I need my Part-III to qualify as an 'architect' in Europe?

Aug 27, 19 1:43 pm
TED

There is no universal educational standard in Europe - each country does its own rules (generally).  You have to look at the specific country rules for how reciprocity. Part III was recognised as 'architect'.  

With Brexit - who the hell knows. 

In the US, it's much more complex as each of the 50 states have their own rules.  If you wanted NCARB, tedious process but states such as NY, easier pathway - 

Aug 28, 19 7:26 am  · 
 · 
1likejam

your qualifications will be accepted through Europe with the "The MRPQ Directive" while the UK is a member of the EU. This may not be the case in the imminent future with Brexit. However in most countries you will not be able to work as an "Architect" but an "architectural designer/assistant".

outside of the EU your qualifications likely wont be directly accepted , but that shouldnt be a barrier for most employers. a postgraduate degree is fairly similar regardless of where you have studied in most cases , and an employer will use your work experience and portfolio of work in any case. 

Part 3 is where it gets more tricky, again currently it is accepted through the EU. other countries wont accept it directly but most will have a system in place ( at a fee ) to convert to their equivalent qualification and become recognised. 

Aug 28, 19 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: