Archinect
anchor

Part 2 Portfolio Review

Mies Panda Rohe

Hi all,

I am debating on reducing my portfolio size for interviews as a part 2 assistant by removing my 3rd year bachelor work. I'm looking at doing a 150 gsm saddle stitch for the double page spreads, but 72 sides seem like too much.

I also have the possibility of adding drawings of an interior fit-out of a commercial fast-food restaurant that I have worked on. (Did full pack for landlord inc.: ga + electrical + plumbing plans, interior finishes elevs, and external licensing drawings)

Would be good to know your thoughts on the above and if you have any major issues with the folio.

I am currently considering working at places such as Chipperfield, Caruso St John, Sergison Bates etc.

Folio Link

Thanks in advance

Aug 7, 19 1:42 pm
Archlandia

Looks good, but you should cut this in half. Are you sending this digitally as well? It's 30MB..

Aug 8, 19 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Mies Panda Rohe

No I'm sending work samples of 3 double page spreads of 3 different academic projects and 2 double page spreads of professional projects.

Aug 9, 19 4:44 am  · 
 · 
AlinaF

I like how you made a 'Mies Panda Rohe' cover just to post this on Archinect.

Aug 8, 19 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
lukeggg

its all great, but too long.

Here's my recommendation:

combine pgs: 5&6

remove pgs:

Aug 8, 19 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
TeenageWasteland

It's really good generally / strong graphic representation.
I'd adjust the line weight in some of the drawings , you'll be amazed how different it makes to the drawing. Font types, section markers etc those little things.

And it's too long.

Aug 8, 19 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
Mies Panda Rohe

Thanks the advice. 

The line weights always look different on screen unless they are jpeg. 

I'm going to remove my 3rd year work and a few pages in general.

I might be wrong, but personally think its better to have more and to talk about less, with specific projects/typologies that are of interest to them.

Aug 9, 19 5:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: