Archinect
anchor

CV for March admissions

TJ 1995

Is an iconic architectural Book translating into my native language  a worthy thing to write for admissions CV?

My counrty has a big lack of architectural literature in native language.

Jul 31, 19 5:58 am
citizen

Yes.  Include it.

Jul 31, 19 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

It depends.  I've seen this get people into trouble, because so many people in academia have strong connections with publishers, and in some cases with the original authors and editors.  If you mean that you had rights-holder permission to translate the original and publish it in your country, then no problem, and yes of course you should list that project on your resume.  But if you published a translation without permission then don't list that, as it could not only scuttle your chances of admission, but has also been known to lead to legal trouble with the rights-holder.  Of course it's perfectly legal to translate anything you want, for your own use - you never need permission for that.  But because you framed this as helping the dearth of architecture literature in your country, it sounds as if you distributed it beyond your own personal use.

Jul 31, 19 2:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: