tduds

++

Jul 2, 19 1:27 pm  · 
 · 

Love all this.

Jul 2, 19 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment

I didn't read whatever you might have posted, designermom, but if it relates to kids: I hear you, and it's so hard. There are good days and bad, no matter how old your kids are.

If it was about balancing having kids and being an architect too: bosses, especially male, may not understand that flexibility for parents of *both* genders is good for *all* employees and thus good for employers, too, if they want to retain workforce.

If it's about wine: yes I will have some.

Jul 2, 19 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

My mother once told me "Beer won't solve all your problems. That's why there's wine."

Jul 2, 19 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

When you run out of beer, whine.

Jul 2, 19 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I disagree, that's why there's 12% beer.

Jul 2, 19 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Let's not forget gin.

Jul 2, 19 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^depends... is it Hendricks?

Jul 2, 19 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Menona

and Monkey 47. Expensive. But kind of amazing.

Jul 2, 19 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I haven't actually had gin (or any other alcohol) since the 80s, but I used to be particularly fond of Tanqueray. To this day, if I get a craving for booze (thankfully not that often anymore), it's for a good G&T.

Jul 2, 19 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

The sad reality of the legal definition of gin is that it doesn't actually have to have any juniper in it at all.

Jul 2, 19 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

If Tequila can't fix it, it is really and truly broken.

Jul 2, 19 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

What Donna said. Today both parents typically work two jobs.  In my case Architecture and then my real job at home. Both make me drink occasionally.  The generational gap between older people in this profession and those now raising children is so stark. Then I witness the older perspective get reinforced by the youngest generation's willingness to do more, quicker, for less because "architecture is a lifestyle man". Middle age is really hard. My priorities have shifted away from the industry and I live in fear that someone will find out I don't think about or discuss work when I go home to my family. 

Jul 2, 19 4:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: