Archinect
anchor

can unlicensed architect from other country sell his projects somewhere?

morganlloyd

Hi, here is my story. I was working for a long time with a person from my country who has entered into a contract with a small American company. They were engaged in the production and implementation of projects of mountain houses and craftsman houses. I became an house plan editor, but sometimes I also worked on development. The projects consisted of floor plans, roof plans, electrical plans and elevations. I was very interested, so I quickly gained the necessary skills and understood the design features of traditional craftsman houses. Hoping to make more profit, I made a portfolio of about 50 projects, most of which are diverse and really good. The problem is that no one even wants to look at the portfolio, because I do not have a license. The question is where to find a person who could verify the correctness and originality of the projects, and is there a stock where I could sell these projects in an unverified or verified form? I quarreled with my boss due to unsatisfactory conditions.

May 24, 19 1:12 pm
Non Sequitur

Rubber stamping stock plans bought online must be just the lowest of the lowest... I am sure there must be some desperate wankers out there willing to do that, but I don't want to meet them, or meet their customers (not clients).

First thing is, local codes and AHJ need to be considered when someone buys this type of jive so all you're really doing is selling a design concept that someone has to take ownership & responsibility for.  Since you have no professional license, and thus no liability insurance, whom ever takes your design concepts will likely need to charge the customer several $1000s more to bring it up to code.  You're best option is to either team up with a large suburban house developer and license your design to them or build up an online store and carve a slice of the "we want custom quality, but can't afford custom, so we went dollar menu  a la carte online route" crowd.

Plenty of competition in my second example.

Folks can't get permits on plans bought online in my area and my professional association (and insurer) will not allow us to stamp plans we did not complete ourselves.

May 24, 19 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

climatic issues aside...most US states don’t require sfr plans to be stamped...but it would be harder to fix stock plans to conform to site and local regs than to just start from scratch with a local design or arch company that knows the area.  

May 24, 19 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Let’s not just gloss over the craftsman style mentioned. I can’t imagine what is implied by “necessity skill”. I assume is code for watched a lot of HGtv.

May 24, 19 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

It means he/she has 100 hours of chip and Joanna Gaines view time

May 24, 19 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
morganlloyd

We have war with Russia. Im aimed to emigrate to CAN or US. So I dont want to be a kind of refugee.

I do not watch HGtv. I prefer a deep analysis of samples Im working with.

Im not good at codes and stuff. We where puting notes like " mainarchitectguyname is not responsible for the design decisions presented in this project. The project must be reviewed by your local engineer." on every page.

thanks for your replies.

May 27, 19 2:07 am  · 
 · 
morganlloyd

And I dont get what is rubber stamp.

May 27, 19 2:08 am  · 
 · 
morganlloyd

thanks

May 27, 19 2:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: