Archinect
anchor

Is a Masters Degree Mandatory for Licensure in Ontario?

AvengersAh

I am a HS student in Ontario, Canada. I was just wondering if after a 4 year, accredited, bachelor of architecture at whatever school, then the mandatory work experience followed by the examination would be what is required to become a licensed architect. Is getting a master's mandatory for legal reasons or is it just a feather in your cap?

May 10, 19 3:40 am
Non Sequitur

yes. You cannot start accumulating your hours in Canada ublrss you have an accredited degree in architecture. That is either a Barch (which don’t exist in canada anymore) or a. March. 

There is a long and less linear way through the RAIC syllabus which I don’t generally recommend. 

May 10, 19 6:05 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

*unless. Stupid phone.

May 10, 19 6:05 am  · 
 · 
Bench

One caveat - you can go to an American 5-year B.Arch professional program and get licensed that way. But I dont recommend it. Doing the bachelor + master route in Canada is the standard.

May 10, 19 9:00 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

And cheaper.

May 10, 19 9:25 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Way cheaper. Free even!

May 10, 19 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Shssssss. The Americans don’t want that information out. They need foreign tuition monies.

May 10, 19 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: