Archinect
anchor

HELP :(

shamairai

hello! my professor asked us to draw a 5 storey commercial residential building with 20 units for our next plate. The problem is that the lot is just 292sqm and that each unit should only have 24sqm. Does that mean i’ll only have a 3mx7m unit?

May 5, 19 2:18 pm
Wood Guy

If you can't figure out the dimensions needed to create 24 sqm, I'm not sure you've chosen the right course of study ;-)

Beyond that, you are not providing enough information for us to do your homework for you. Nor would we do your homework if you had provided enough information.  

May 5, 19 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

you’re in school to learn and work. How about you start by trying before turning lazy and asking for free answers. 

May 5, 19 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
gruen

24 sq meters, that's about what - 225 square feet? Very small units, so we are talking about efficiency / studio style units. The size of the lot shouldn't matter, you can do multiple floors. Simple project really, your main challenge is:

- What construction type?

- How many stories allowed per that construction type?

- How many means of egress (probably 2) required per floor?

- Occupant load

- And, the professor will want you to do a nice design for the:

1) Section

2) Elevation

3) Floor plans

4) 3 dimensional design of the building. 

I would be pushing back on the program. I mean, what's the point of a small building with small units? Give it additional program, maybe a variety of unit sizes, etc. 

May 6, 19 9:45 am  · 
 · 
randomised

¡Shipping containers!

May 6, 19 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Just put plants on the roof and you’ll get an A

May 6, 19 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

3 x 7 is 21. Not 24.

Beyond that I'm not sure what you're asking.

May 6, 19 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

Draw whatever you want and then put whatever numbers you want on it.

Nobody is going to put a scale on it.

May 6, 19 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

ask aravena

May 6, 19 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

who dat?

Feb 11, 20 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Academia forum has an ignore option for a reason, numbnuts. Post this shit in there.

Feb 11, 20 6:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: