Archinect
anchor

Architecture Seals

BulgarBlogger

We all know what the Architectural stamps/seals look like in the US. What do they look like outside? Post examples.

Apr 30, 19 9:21 pm

1 Featured Comment

All 9 Comments

Almosthip7

Here in Alberta Canada the architects ones are boring, but the Engineer's stamps have beavers on them. I am always bugging the engineers in my office to show me their Beavers.  

May 1, 19 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

what? really? Stamps in ontario, arch and p.eng look the same and are boring. At least we can use digital stamps while my p.eng still have to wet stamp, then scan to pdf, all their drawings.

May 1, 19 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

LOOK AT MY BEAVER

May 1, 19 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

I have no Idea who Philip A. Welch is.....but we can all admire his beaver

May 1, 19 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

That is a sexy beaver.

May 1, 19 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

I know someone who would have a heart attack posting someone’s seal with signature online in a public forum!

May 1, 19 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

Probably since I did a google search and this was the first one to come up. Meaning it’s out there already

May 1, 19 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^He means Sir Ricky "protect your seal with the mighty force of Dog and guns" Balkins.

May 1, 19 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

There are a few oddballs in the US:

Washington Architect - Prostamps

Idaho Architect - Prostamps

And, the most boring of all:

Minnesota Architect - Prostamps

May 1, 19 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
atelier nobody

My favorite US stamp is Louisiana, which has a pelican in her piety.

Louisiana Architect - Prostamps

May 1, 19 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

With spy beluga whales in the news recently was hoping for something else coming here when reading architecture seals, kind of disappointed...

May 1, 19 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I've just been reviewing a set of drawings that might as well have been done by trained seals.

May 1, 19 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

This makes me want to seek reciprocity and start my own personal architect's stamp collection. "Here's my stamp collection, each one costs about 100 somewhat smackaroos so don't touch!"

May 1, 19 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
Fivescore

hmm... you must be going for the fancy ones with long reach handles and/or ability to crimp multiple sheets at once. My super basic stamps that I mostly only use on my book collection and to give my business cards texture and prestige are only $14.95.
I'm thinking about starting a stamp collection... without reciprocity! Ooooh the thrill of the danger of owning those unauthorized stamps is irresistible. First one up: Oregon!

May 1, 19 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
Steeplechase

I’ll sell you a coveted Certified Building Design Person stamp for only three payments of $19.99 plus shipping and handling!

May 1, 19 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

Has anyone seen the seal of approval? 

May 1, 19 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

love the beaver one 

May 1, 19 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

May 1, 19 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I actually wore a pair of the Corbusier/Philip Johnson/IM Pei glasses for a while - it wasn't a good look for me.

May 1, 19 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

So far I have only seen 2 foreign stamps. 

May 1, 19 10:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: