Archinect
anchor

Calling on the pros

Thanks

You've been there for me before, and it'd mean a lot to me if you could be here for me again. This seems like a basic apartment building, but I don't know the basic words to describe it.

Apr 30, 19 8:18 pm
citizen

3......   2......   1......

Apr 30, 19 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I'll start: "unfortunate."

Apr 30, 19 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Two semi-detached two-family dwellings with quite a disgusting exterior.

Apr 30, 19 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I just love the hard plastic pipe covers.  Really ties up the forgettable shitshow this is.  Hopefully you've bought the property hoping to tear this down.

Apr 30, 19 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
Thanks

lol i mean is there like a proper name for this type of gig. nah but you guys are cracking me up like the lol implied.

Apr 30, 19 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

horizontal vinyl is hot as fuck. we need more horizontal vinyl in suburban america. Dr. Trump, make it happen.

Apr 30, 19 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

I think you would call it a 3-story walk-up

Apr 30, 19 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

'Broken  Arms'  Apartments

Apr 30, 19 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
Thanks

a cheap-ass vinyl-sided six-unit three-story walk-up, with elements of minimal tradition and unfortunate horseshit. semi-detached dwellings with hard plastic pipe covers.

Apr 30, 19 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

and straight from the wall-mart garden centre quality landscaping. You need to pay extra for that.

Apr 30, 19 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

needs a couple pink flamingos n the yard.

May 1, 19 8:39 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Sorry curt, maybe we can make room in next year's budget for those.

May 1, 19 8:45 am  · 
 · 
arch76

In its defense, it makes me want to go to work tomorrow.

May 1, 19 12:16 am  · 
 · 

I may be wrong but it looks to me like there might be a semi-decent MCM building under there but someone tarted it up with siding and pickets to make it more "residential" rather than actually upgrade it properly.

May 1, 19 9:57 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Contractor Contemporary.

Mid-Capitalism Modern.

May 1, 19 11:32 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Also, judging from the type as well as the walk in the foreground, I'd wager there are six or eight more of these babies nearby.  Plus carports that are just as elegant.

May 1, 19 11:57 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Nice lawn.

May 1, 19 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
workmorelivemore

Three-storey multi-family dwelling

Please don’t tear it down and create unnecessary waste. It probably just needs a facelift and a way to hide the ac units.

May 1, 19 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

What if the demolition results in the site being redeveloped at four times the density?

May 1, 19 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: