Archinect
anchor

Bachelor Degree Recognition abroad

archibox3

I'm an undergraduate Arch. Student at Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) and I'm planning moving out to UK/US after graduating, probably doing my masters or interning/working. Does anybody know if my degree is recognizable/accepted in those countries for an internship or even a job?

I know this question is kind of stupid but I just want to make sure because I don't want to guess on my own and also know how difficult things actually are when it comes to move out to another country.

Apr 9, 19 10:23 am
Non Sequitur

you don't technically need any degree to get a job... what you want to know is if your degree is accredited where-ever if you want to eventually chase a license.

Apr 9, 19 10:36 am  · 
 · 
1likejam

under current EU law your qualifications are recognisable in all of the EU.  And non sequitur pointed out, you would be able to pursue your qualifications/ licensure in the UK ( which would also be recognised throughout the EU). Brexit may effect this, The European Professional Qualifications Directives ensures recognition of architects’ professional qualifications across the EU until December 2020. After this will need to be negotiated. 

Again as non sequitur said, you don't necessarily need a degree to obtain a job, but it will be much harder to pursue further qualifications/ licensure. and if you did gain licence in US it wouldn't be automatically transferable if you were to return to the EU. 

Apr 9, 19 11:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: