Archinect
anchor

Marc Jacobs Buys a Frank Lloyd Wright for $9.175 Million

Volunteer

"The fashion designer had been searching for an architecturally significant home in Westchester County to use as a weekend retreat."

It is on Long Island Sound in Rye, NY, with a view of the water.

Apr 8, 19 6:50 pm
citizen

Beautiful house, not helped at all by that horrible fence and pool.

Apr 8, 19 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

i feel like owning a piece of architecture like this would be very limiting really, as it pretty much precludes ever playing with architecture or even updating the interiors. i guess that's why it works as a weekend retreat, which is on the spectrum closer to museum showpiece than home.

Apr 13, 19 10:02 am  · 
 · 
Menona

I second the pool fence comment.  Could they have at least painted/colored the inside of the pool to match the oxidized copper at the roof.  That would have helped help.  If you're keeping the pool.  The SS "Pools R Us" ladder there is pretty gruesome too.  Do they make those in copper?  If you're keeping the pool.

Bought for 9 million.  There's a budget for corrections.  It's not like Marc Jacobs doesn't know what he's doing.  Probably an interesting project to follow. 

Apr 13, 19 12:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: