Archinect
anchor

Has Anybody Ever Hired a Renderer from an Email?

eeayeeayo

Every single day I get emails from random renderers in other countries.  Every week more emails than the week before.  As fast as I block them more pop up.  It got me wondering: does this obnoxious strategy ever even work?  Do any of you ever hire them?

Years ago my firm experimented with outsourcing fly-throughs to artists in other countries.  The results were ok-ish, but needed a lot of finessing.  It turned out not to be the best method for us, but I can understand how it might be a good option for others.  But when you need a renderer, how do you go about hiring one?  Word of mouth?  Google search?  See who other firms are using?  I just can't imagine anybody ever opening one of these spam emails and saying oooh - that generic high rise surrounded by 50 identical trees and that moonbeam effect in the sky are exactly what I need!  Has that ever happened?

Apr 4, 19 12:29 pm
thisisnotmyname

We're trying out a person that approached us on Linkedin.  We're quite desperate for a renderer as the recent hire we made isn't working out.  The person claimed to be a skilled renderer (and had a good portfolio) but has failed to produce anything useful here in our office.   We are starting to wonder exactly where the person's portfolio images came from....

Apr 4, 19 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

There was a heated discussion here a few months back when some people were very proud to admit they outsourced their portfolio work to render-farms. That there may be your answer.

Apr 4, 19 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
Witty Banter

I'm not surprised to hear this happens but I'm shocked someone would admit it. More shocked they're proud of it.

Apr 4, 19 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Try a reversed image search on google/tineye to see if out brings up anything. And maybe ask the "renderer" who they outsourced their renders to for their portfolio, so you can approach them directly ;-)

Apr 5, 19 5:00 am  · 
 · 
AlinaF

Failing to produce does not necessarily mean they are a fraud. Perhaps they lack the experience of working to very tight dealines or didn't cope well with your management style. Most visualisers are freelancers and are used to working in their own.

Apr 6, 19 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I use to send the cheapo developer clients to the "off shore" renderers,  For $500 they get a pretty snazzy image(s) they are happy with and I don't have to deal with it..... trying to avoid those clients over the last few years!

Apr 5, 19 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Some of the outsourced render teams are very good, and some are indeed crap. 500$ will get you shit, 2000$ decent. The high end European ones will easily cost one 3500$ per, but then those are the ones that help win competitions.

Apr 5, 19 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
waleedwares
Hello everyone,

My name is Waleed, and I'm contract-for-hire architectural designer and visualization artist based in LA ,

I understand the subject of the discussion of how disappointing dealing with a freelancers for rendering, I try to start from this point I guarantee a full client satisfictuon with very reasonable prices , I can also work remotely and on site .

I understand very well the European style and very familiar with luxigon and Mir work
I reached them for conopetatuon during my work many times .

I have 20 years of design and rendering experience ranging from residential, commercial, hospitality, to sports and entertainment facilities.

Please visit my website www.warethstudio.com to see more of my work.
The work displayed on my web site is 100% design development,

some of the work are concept design all is my render ,I did most of it while i worked with the companies in my attached resume and part of them as freelancer . Please contact me on my e mail [email protected] for any inquiries.
Apr 5, 19 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
waleedwares
Hello everyone,

My name is Waleed, and I'm contract-for-hire architectural designer and visualization artist based in LA ,

I understand the subject of the discussion of how disappointing dealing with a freelancers for rendering, I try to start from this point I guarantee a full client satisfictuon with very reasonable prices , I can also work remotely and on site .

I understand very well the European style and very familiar with luxigon and Mir work
I reached them for conopetatuon during my work many times .

I have 20 years of design and rendering experience ranging from residential, commercial, hospitality, to sports and entertainment facilities.

Please visit my website www.warethstudio.com to see more of my work.
The work displayed on my web site is 100% design development,

some of the work are concept design all is my render ,I did most of it while i worked with the companies in my attached resume and part of them as freelancer . Please contact me on my e mail [email protected] for any inquiries.
Apr 5, 19 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
lukeggg

there are a lot of students out there willing to work on renderings for low wages. I charged 25 bucks an hour in my 4th and 5th year, working up to 10-15 hrs a week on low level projects (small town churches and mini-malls). I learned a lot and made a bit of money in the process. Those days are over for me now, but if you want, reach out to students at local universities and see what you get.

Apr 5, 19 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I work with an outside viz artist who graduated with an M.Arch (we went to school together), but decided that he liked doing rendering more than project managing, and it's been successful for a lot of the mid-tier, quick-turnaround design we do in our office. We've used a firm in Singapore before, but that was frustrating (for me) and because our current guy worked in an architecture office as an intern for several years, I don't have to waste time explaining architecture-specific terms. 

So in my specific case, it's worked out well, for those reasons

Apr 6, 19 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: