Archinect
anchor

Richard Meier house on market.

Volunteer

It is in Chester Township, NJ, for $2.8 million. Built in 1966. (Photos from WSJ)

Apr 3, 19 6:23 pm
SneakyPete

That swimming pool looks rendered. 

Apr 3, 19 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Don't know. The article says they bought it in 1992 for $650,000 in a foreclosure sale and had to put a lot of work into it. The concrete under the diving board looks to be not to far from 1966.

Apr 3, 19 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Yeah, but then has a distinct line where it turns to the finest aggregate platic-looking concrete ever.

Apr 3, 19 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

The image of the view of the pool through the window in the interior shot also looks hokey. Who has a full swimming pool when the leaves on the trees and shrubs haven't come out? The 'google earth' image of the house does show a pool but it has most likely been 'enhanced' in these photos. Guess an image of an empty pool is a turn-off to buyers.

Apr 4, 19 8:27 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Also look at the hedges in front of the white buildings in the exterior shot with the pool, and the white buildings themselves also seem to have been airbrushed, cleaned up. Not to mention those Barcelona chairs and plants in the interior shot. 

Apr 5, 19 4:57 am  · 
 · 

Here in Paradise the photopimping of real estate has reached PIXAR proportion.

That being said this particular house, and pretty much all of Meier's work, would be better if it only existed in virtual reality. 

Apr 5, 19 9:50 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Does it have a dungeon?

Apr 3, 19 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
BR.TN

No, just a shit ton of robe hooks!

Apr 3, 19 8:36 pm  · 
 · 

LOL BR.TN!

Apr 5, 19 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
BR.TN

+1

Apr 5, 19 5:43 pm  · 
 · 

Teardown.

Apr 3, 19 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

those 2 recessed light fixtures don't look aligned with the window frame.  Tear-down.

Apr 4, 19 8:29 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

baseboard heaters? 

Apr 4, 19 11:09 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Hot water (not steam) circulates from a boiler through 1/2 inch copper pipes fitted with radiating fins which are covered by the white registers along the floor, and back to the boiler to be reheated. I have the exact same registers on my house (1962) as these. Very few problems over 14 years.

Apr 4, 19 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

steam? where did you get that? I'm just pointing that a 2.8 million house should be past those ugly things. And they make an awful lot of noise when they start.

Apr 4, 19 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

It is a hot water boiler. It is NOT steam. My boiler, just replaced, in a Lennox model which is very quiet. The earlier Valiant model was quiet also.

Apr 4, 19 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

whatever, be happy.

Apr 4, 19 2:13 pm  · 
 · 

Baseboard hot water, not steam. Steam is a pressure system with radiators. You’d think an architect would know the difference.

Apr 4, 19 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

steam

Apr 4, 19 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: